Does anyone know how to make an enemy like this?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • I want it to have exactly the same behavior.

• What's the behaviour? That's a still image

• haha yes it is. but if you played castlevania on nes or snes you know what i mean. The enemy in the image is called the white dragon from Castlevania and I don't know how to make the exact behavior of him.

• Segmented body motion isn't it?

Tag system for flexible use & modularity with only 1 object family:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfdap5rv93wusie/snake_body_pin.capx?dl=0

• Thanks but it's not what I'm looking for. the behavior I'm looking for is much more complex.

• The example showcasing how pinning works from head to tail. You just need to create movement or animated in timeline to control the head or aiming for a target unless I missing something.

• I grabbed alextro's example and added the images from your post black meow ninja ...

And added some fire ... and a victim doghouse :o

dropbox.com/s/xtnf7bmry8adzny/castle-doghouse.c3p

• It is a very good contribution, it is the closest thing I have seen, I appreciate it very much but it is still not the true behavior I am looking for.

in castlevania the last piece of the skeleton does not move from its place and when the head of that character contracts the others also and when it is stretched all also follow the head

• Just guesstimating from the image since I wasn’t able to find footage of it in motion.

But it looks like it’s basically the same as doing rope physics. The ends are fixed and everything in between sag with gravity. There are other posts on that but the method I’m fond of is to make all the non fixed segments accelerate downwards, then starting at base check the distance between each pair of segments and move toward each other if too far apart. A last step would be to update the velocities after that position correction. That may not be Strictly needed, depending on whether you wanted momentum or not.

So anyways you’d have the head move on a path, then the body would move with the rope physics. Maybe letting it move the head so it can’t stretch too far.

Beyond that there may be some more artistic setup with it. Instead of a limp rope between the head and base there may be a way to make some sections more stiff to simulate contracting muscles. That or just adding a lot of damping to the motion so it doesn’t seem as loose.

I’d wager they did something more simple than all that though. For example you could position the body segments between the head and base with cubic() to make them curved. You just need two other points moving around too to define the curved shape. The gaps between adjacent segments may vary though.

I suppose you could also do it by varying the angle from one segment to the next with a formula of some kind. It would require some tuning as the final head position would be defined by it, instead or the more direct approach the other ideas have of moving the body between the head and base.

• Got it working by replacing pin behavior with physics behavior using revolute joint. The tied end set to immovable:

dropbox.com/s/vasuo5exuxycbfd/tied_snake.capx

If preferrable you can disable angle event at very bottom.

• Castlevania IV was the first SNES game I bought with my own cash, and I played the crap out of it XD.

Basically it would need to be setup as a linked chain of objects that move in conjunction with the head. Very close to what alextro has provided. The chain links(vertebrae of the skeleton's spine) were loose, and would overlap if they were within range of each other. In the original game anyways.

Basically the head of the thing would move around in circles, or figure eight motion. While pausing here and there to fire out a fireball from it's mouth. And the chain links attached to the head would dangle and move around. Like a loose hanging chain between the head, and the wall the other end is attached to.

I've never attempted anything like this sort of animation. But, I wonder if a timeline could be nice for something like this? That is if you want to take the time to animate each key frame, and link into position. And have pauses where it stops and fires out a fireball at the proper times.

Might be worth playing around with. I wish I had more time, to toy around with ideas like this one. Tomorrow is "my day off", so I'm on the computer least amount of time possible. But, maybe I'll hop on for an hour or so, and have a whack at it.

• I thank you all for being interested in this. All of you guys are a valuable contribution to the community.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey there, I made an attempt at these guys behavior last year, I got something relatively close to the real thing using Sine and Lerp() : drive.google.com/file/d/1EtxTcFN39Entc81_P59So03udENCxaIk/view

• Qarp things is a real deal. Nice Tomycase

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)