Is anyone else experiencing this issue with Contruct 3?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • So far I built other game using the same AI script shown to you in the link below:

Its just a basic AI that just flies back and forward

It was working fine 2 days ago now it does not work now I even disabled my entire code for everything except the player and that one AI and it also happens with other AI I have as well

So I want to know is someone else experiencing this problem as well ?

and could this be a possible bug ?

screencast.com/t/P096tLUP

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This likely happens because the bird sprite collides with the wall twice. It happens very fast, so you don't see it, but it momentarily changes its direction to the left, then collides with the wall again and changes direction again. Since the bird is already in the wall, further collisions are not registered and it continues flying to the right.

You can try adjusting the origin point and collision polygons in all animation frames, make them strictly symmetrical. But the easiest solution is to add a cooldown period. After changing the direction, ignore further collisions, say for the next 1 second.

You can use Timer behavior and check that the cooldown timer is not running. Or simply save the collision time in an instance variable on the bird. And compare (lastCollisionTime>(time-1))

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)