Can anybody help me diagnose this freeze?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey guys. Working on a C3 game which is going pretty well - apart from the fact that every so often (only occasionally) it'll freeze and lock up. And every time I change something and think I've fixed it, it'll happen again when I'm not expecting it... grr!

I've been trying to get it to crash when I can access Chrome's console to see if any errors are logged (and of course, it's been refusing to break all afternoon) - but I did finally get it to happen.

Suddenly the game locks up, and the console immediately fills with about 300 messages like this:

I have to be honest... I don't really know what to make of these. I can see mentions of "MoveTo" and "Fade" behaviours in there... does that mean something is going wrong with those? Why would that be the case?

It also seems like maybe it's trying to reference the properties of an object it can't find? Not sure why.

I know that freezes are often the product of infinite event loops and things like that - something that I think I've been careful to avoid.

I don't really know what my next move is. Anybody have any ideas where to look next? 🤔

• Uhhh, I guess my image disappeared for some reason??

https://hosthive.cc/web/crash.png

Here's a reupload to my own server.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It may be a long and difficult process, but I would try to find a pattern to these freezes, or a reliable way to reproduce them. After that you can start investigating into what may be causing them and how to fix them.

Try running the game on an old slow PC or in debug mode, see if it makes the issue worse.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)