Animations Editor Cropping Issue

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • youtu.be/GDSQtva6U0Y

I came across this problem yesterday and tried some more fixes today, but I’m really stumped on this one. I’ve got a little bug enemy that walks around and his walking animation has his head bobbing up and down. However, since I use the same canvas size for all my character sprites, the little bug was on a large canvas so I used Construct 3’s cropping tool. Upon doing this, it cropped the sprite so that the frames with the bug’s head down closer to the ground (the vertically shorter animation) was centered inside the same box the taller animations were. When I changed the collision box to line up with the bug’s feet, this caused him to jitter into the air every frame he put his head down.

I’ve tried using the resize and crop tools, but I can’t get that thin black rectangle that contains the sprite to go flush to the bug’s bottom on all frames. The best solution I can think of is go back to where I made the sprite and fiddle with the canvas size and the position of the bug, but I’d prefer not to do that because I have some more dynamic animations lined up and I think it would be a lot more efficient to figure out how to position each frame so a character’s body doesn’t jitter when it changes height.

The most puzzling thing about this is the red knight (also shown in video) gets some significant air in his walking animation, but I never had a problem with his sprite being where it’s not supposed to be on a given frame.

Does anyone have any insight on how I can fully control the alignment of my sprites or manually edit the black rectangle that contains them, or if I should just reduce my canvas size? If anyone needs some clarification, I’d be happy to show my more of the Construct project and/or sprite animations. Thank you in advance for the help!

• This is caused by the bottom of the collision box being a different height from the image origin on the different frames. In the animation editor, click the Edit Image Points button right above the collision bounds button and make sure it is the same distance from the bottom of the bounding box on all the frames.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is caused by the bottom of the collision box being a different height from the image origin on the different frames. In the animation editor, click the Edit Image Points button right above the collision bounds button and make sure it is the same distance from the bottom of the bounding box on all the frames.

Got it. The animation is looking good now. Thanks a bunch!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)