Animating character through several frames...

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Several elements of the game interface hidden objects
  • I've been using a simple 2 frame animation (Player1) for a character's waking cycle that works like this:

Global number RunFrame = 0

System > Every 0.1 seconds > System > Set RunFrame to 1-RunFrame

System > Every tick > Player1 > set animation frame to RunFrame

However, I now want to replace that character with another that has it's walk cycle over 6 frames (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5). There are also additional frames (6, 7) within the character sprite (for jumping, falling etc) so I can't do a simple looped animation.

Can I amend my existing events, or do I have to rewrite it completely? If so, how would I go about this?

Thanks all :)

• Hi you can add animations

and then in the events when you jump you can change animations

• Could you explain that?

I already have the animation (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) I need to know how to cycle through those frames without going on to frames 6, 7 etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/interface/animations-editor

You have animations which are composed of animation frames.

In the animation panel, duplicate your animation (by default named Animation 1) and remove the animation frames you do not need.

When you need those frames to be part of the animation, change the name of the animation played in your event sheet to the name of the animation that contains those frames (Sprite.Set Animation).

You can use the built-in animation feature to not have to handle it through events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)