Animate? This is a nightmare

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Video intro templates for games and game making with Construct 3 made with Animate
  • Hello,

I am trying to animate my character to do a simple move, it almost seems impossible to do this, the characters all joined together. I have tried gimp, paint, sprite (wont work on a single image), aesprite.

Is there any program that's simple and easy where i can rotate individual parts of the player?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Spriter -2d animation and there is even a plugin that supports spriter animation in Construct 2, and i think int C3 also.

there are other softwares also (anime studio, tupi tube, pencil 2d, toom boom etc), but if u have your character exploded apart you can animated the character yourself, sure is tedious and takes a lot of time, but won't relay on a software to do it for you.

and here is a full list of plugins, features u can get for C2 /C3 scirra store game making tools

• Thanks Corp. Its taken two days of playing about with different programs. I think sprinter might be good but would need to pay for it to get the png files.

I checked the store, is sprinter 2d different from the actual sprinter because its cheaper?

• Thanks Corp. Its taken two days of playing about with different programs. I think sprinter might be good but would need to pay for it to get the png files.

I checked the store, is sprinter 2d different from the actual sprinter because its cheaper?

i have no clue, but i think the free version lets you export a spritesheet and animation files as xml, or scorn file i think is called,actually but doesn't let you use functions like advanced bone systems, and kinematics i think. the tutorials they have should clear that one up.

features of sprite free vs spriter pro i think spriter 2 is just like a advanced version, like C3 vs C2... but they both do the same thing plus minus some features, and pro version is either of those but paid i guess... is kinda unclear... they should definitely update their features and what means pro and what means spriter 1 or 2... i find it very confusing. But it should help you animate stuff easier even in the free version.

Edited: quote feature #17 "Export animations as PNG images, strips, sheets or Gif Animations" available for free version.

lucid might have a better answer on this one.

• Sprinter free doesn't allow to save to a spite sheet unfortunately. Saving as a png saves to a sprite file. I couldn't find a plug in for C3.

I am going to use dragonbones. Its free and pretty good. Although it's another learning curve.

Been playing around with inkscape and gimp. Spent so much time on them tinkering about and actually learnt nothing!

I'm about to build a custom level select. I'm dreading this. I already know before I start how much of a mission this will be.

All worth it though bro:-)

• sorry i forgot to post the link to the addon plugin addon c3

there is also spline i think having a C2 plugin but im not sure.... if it will work with C3 - c2 runtime

rex_spline

oh i forgot about dragon bones lol XD nice cool u found something.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)