Android keyboard change window proportions...

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hi!

I am creating a vertical application for android, it provides a text input mode, as if you opened a notepad and wanted to make a note and then could edit it.

But when the android keyboard opens, it deforms the application window, changing the proportions and it looks very ugly and small. And I would like it to be on top of the layer, covering part of the application interface and not affecting the proportions.

Is it possible to do this?

I tried to find solutions and did not find any examples for my request. Except for similar cases that were considered on StackOverflow. People write that you can make adjustments to AndroidManifest.xml and I extracted it from the Debug APK, but when I open it in Notepad++, there are just unreadable characters, I do not know how to edit it...

Please give me some advice. Thanks.

• How to edit a AndroidManifest.xml inside APK, change the value from

android:windowSoftInputMode="adjustResize"

to

android:windowSoftInputMode="adjustPan"

???

• You can export to Cordova and either build with Android Studio or Cordova CLI. You will be able to make changes to the manifest file.

Another solution is to resize the window in your game when keyboard is open. Check out this thread:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/stop-androids-on-screen-153087

• You can export to Cordova and either build with Android Studio or Cordova CLI. You will be able to make changes to the manifest file.

dop2000, thank you, this is a nice idea! Unfortunately, I do not understand how to make a build in Android Studio and Cordova CLI. At the moment, Android Studio gives an error that does not allow you to create a Debug APK. I'll try to search for information. Thanks.

Another solution is to resize the window in your game when keyboard is open. Check out this thread:

This is a sad option, given that correcting one word in one of the project files completely frees you from the need to scale...

I turned to another Construct community and there I was offered to try to disassemble the Debug APK, make changes to the manifest and then build and sign it in the JDK. And it worked perfectly! Although, the procedure itself is quite painstaking=)

I still hope that Scirra creates a professional product with a lot of features and in the future keyboard settings will become available since I am not the only one who has faced this problem with the android keyboard and people continue to manipulate the proportions to make beautiful projects.

I posted a request to add this feature on the ideas site for Construct 3, I hope it will change something.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As I have mentioned in a couple of other threads about this, your best bet is to create your own keyboard in Construct and not to use android's or ios keyboard at all. Problem solved.

If you need just basic text input it can be done in a couple of hours ( I did it ). If you need all the copy/paste, text select features, it will take longer, but once you do this you have your own keyboard that you can use in any game.

• And here is a tutorial, you can just copy the keyboard from it:

construct.net/en/tutorials/mobile-keyboard-hall-fame-738

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)