Alright Screw It - What is the Syntax for FilePaths,etc with NW.js plugin

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • I've exported a project with nwjs as my option and

I'm trying to simple run a file from appfolder using the expression

NWjs.AppFolder & "Program\test.bat"

and it doesn't work even if I put a folder with the bat file around the executable it's really annoying me .

Soo what am I missing with the filepath syntax,etc or just in general what is the hardcoded syntax of filepath's

when writing expressions within construct 3 especially when it comes to nwjs.appfolder nwjs.userfolder,etc

It worked when I used shell open method in the nwjs object with the expression

"test.bat"

however I'm under the impression that is not the correct way to open files or am I mistaken and this can be used?

Please someone help me and can someone please write in the manual the syntax for this file path stuff too?.

• Oh WOH!, that's so cool it seems nwjs might actually be treating the expression as if it was a command prompt?

Start is a batch command right, oh wait no the expression dialog for nwjs doesn't work at all as a command prompt .

Where did the start come from then and where is a reference for all these commands?

Thank you dop2000 can you help me here?

• "start" is a CMD command in Windows:

windows-commandline.com/cmd-start-command

You can't run a *.bat file directly from NWJS, but it's possible with "start test.bat"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OHHH HAHA!, First I didn't know you were using cmd in that nwjs expression dialog and I didn't even know it was possible.

Then their is batch I was using also they are "DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER" , I'm such an idiot -_-,

actually I'm not but lol.

Does that mean cmd commands work in the nwjs expression dialog that's awesome if it does,

probably could test it myself but meh I want to ask ha?

• I'm guessing you can run any CMD command via "start", for example "start dir"

• That formatting right their :P, if only I was a newbie.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)