Of course You need to prepare these things:
- a database on your server.
- some scripts on your server to read/write scores
- a simple interface in C2/C3
-=WARNING=- I did not implement something fancy, it's fairly simple so there is some security stuff to address. I've cleared some basic consideration about this security, but I definitely did not cover everything. I'm not an expert. It's also important to know that someone wise enough can definitely inject score in the database without playing the game. So, you've been warned. -=/WARNING=-
You need a place to record your scores.
- Create your database. (I personally did it through my CPanel.)
- Create a table. (I did it manually with PHPMyAdmin). Mine have four columns : id, section, name, score.
- Give your DB a strong password.
Here are the files I'm using. I will not explain them, if you don't know how it works, you will have to do some research. But basically, in each text file, replace the DB username, password, DB name and table name with your own. Those files can be placed anywhere in your project files export. Just take note of where you put them.
Using this setup in C2/C3
Here's a basic capx exemple: exemple
NOTE: I haven't test this capx, but it should work.
I hope it helps you. Have fun.