Ajax help PLEASE HELP :(

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi guys I have some code that gets a users location (latitude,longitude) and submits it to a databse I have some php code to get the info back into a table form but how do I get C3 to get the info from the url where it pulls the locations using ajax and then put them on a map with markers on where they are?

• Allright, do not know your knowledge of PHP/mySQL and ajax, but let's give it a try.

So, in a nutshell, Ajax is a javascript code, that can do many cool stuff (especially with a server!). In your case, you are using that to connect to the database on server, and retrieve things using mySQL commands. MySQL is a language used to manipulate databases that are stored on a remote server.

Your ajax script connects to a mySQL database and fills it up with user locations, correct? Then you can use the very same ajax/php code to connect to the database, and then edit the part with mySQL code, to retrieve info.

I have not programmed in web languages in a while now, so I will not be much of a help here. Do search for online leaderboard in c2, there is a tutorial or two on scirra.com that has very good explanation on how to retrieve info from a database.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks i will have a look

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)