How do I make an air dash in a platformer.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • So far I have the platform character with a platform behaviour and a bullet behaviour, on pressing x for the air dash dissable platformer input and enable bullet behaviour. And if mirrored set bullet to -700 speed rather then the default +700 speed that it has.

But for some reason when I do the air dash while mirrored it completely messes up how the mirroring is working, making my character backwards, and then air dashes will go in the opposite direction of how their intended to and I've got no idea why. I've even tried setting the game to mirror/unmirror the character when the air dash is finished but it's still going janked.

• My guess: In the bullet behavior properties menu, disable "set angle"

• Shambrook

some sort of a dash example is not perfect, but might give you and idea on how to use other behaviors and stuff to create the effect, not sure now if you wanted a dash straight or double jump type.

but it works same either way, you just need to give it the right Axis (Y or X)

If your using the bullet behavior, and has a angle set, the moment you mirror the object, if you apply 700 to the speed should work both ways since the bullet behavior only pushes the object towards its current angle.For bullet behavior you don't have to negate the speed, just mirror or un-mirror the object while keeping the same +700 speed on both conditions you have and should work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey thanks for the suggestions,

"If your using the bullet behavior, and has a angle set, the moment you mirror the object, if you apply 700 to the speed should work both ways since the bullet behavior only pushes the object towards its current angle."

This doesn't appear to be true though, if I set the bullet speed to 700 it will only travel to the right no matter what else is happening?

You did send me down the path of playing with the angle of motion rather than the speed though, and i ended up solving the problem by having it set the angle of motion to 0/180 depending on weather it's mirrored. ANd now it appears to be working how i wanted, so thanks for prodding me down the right path.

• When i said if has a angle set, i meant if the behavior has the checkbox of the parameter set Angle ticked, i miss typed that. If you have that checkbox ticked, it should work without changing the angle of motion or negate the speed to - or + value, but only changing the sprites angle by mirroring it. Since when you mirror the sprite the angle of the sprite is also reversed and the bullet basically goes towards where the sprite points at. Atleast thats how i remember working.

Glad that you solved it eventually :).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)