Adding Layer Effects via Event Sheet?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hi folks,

Appreciate any suggestions anyone has. I'm at a stage where i have ~150 levels/layouts for my simple puzzle game, and i'm starting to put effort into the visuals. I've achieved an aesthetic i like using the alpha clamp effect on one of my object layers, and I want to apply it to each "GameObject" Layer on each layout.

Is there a way i can do this without manually adding effect layers to each layout manually? I can see there are events to enable / disable layer effects that are already present, but can't see a way to add new effects via the event sheet.

(I could add the effect to the objects directly, not the layer, however i'd rather add it to the layer directly for performance reasons)

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think it's possible.

One workaround is to add another layer with all the necessary effects, make it global and add to all layouts. On start of the layout, move all objects from 'GameObject' to that new layer.

Adding it to all 150 layouts will still take some time, and you might need to change events which are referencing 'GameObject' layer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)