How do I add Video Chat

1 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Chat with smart animals using the OpenAi Chat GPT 3 API
  • Before I go too far down this rabbit hole, just a simple question. Is realtime video chat possible using Construct 3's audio, multiplayer and user media objects? Is it possible with several people at once, maybe like 4?

I see several WebRTC options out there that do live video chat via WebRTC. Just not sure how easy it is to implement into Construct3.

Or might it be easier to build a website with Google Hangout features and embed the Construct app into the page?

Thanks!

Ed

• Ashley

Can you let me know if this is possible? Coming soon feature? With a plugin?

I just don't want to continue down this rabbit hole if it's not even possible. Thanks.

It looks like streaming of video/chat uses getUserMedia() API. Is that that called somewhere in the Multiplayer or UserMedia plugins?

webRTC Communication

html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/basics

Thanks.

• Interested on this feature if somehow construct can send video/audio via webrtc

• +1. Would be nice to see something developed for this in Construct 3. Apparently this once worked on Construct 2:

construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/addons-29/plugin-video-call-108067

• Just trying to keep this post alive :).

Adding video chat to apps would be amazing, especially during this day and age with so much video conferencing.

I had the idea after playing board games on boardgamearena.com and you can video chat with everyone you are playing with from within chrome.

• Yes please, or even just audio communication at first. I'm developing educational apps (teacher - students) and it would be cool to have the possibility to not only share the screen input (the way it is currently) but to also have a voice chat.

• +1 Thats sounds beautiful, i remember i was checking for this before some years, i found that lennaert make some progress before 5 years.

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/works-in-progressfeedback-24/wip-selfie-video-wall-chat-95267

• Any update ?

• Wanted to check back in to this, a few years later, and see if anything has come of it? Any of the latest updates to Construct make this possible?

• +1 would also like to know if it is possible

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah this is still relevant. I know this is a game engine first and 3D is super cool, but i think more stuff like this would be fantastic.

I'm trying stuff with the User Media plugin and all works offline but i have no clue how to get the video into, i dont know: a canvas. Or in binary. Or in Json. Whatever?

I would like to do a video/Audio chat together with my game.

Since there seems no solution i hope this gets attention.

• Since i can't edit i have to add that i made a part of a workaround (which is garbage but hey it's something?)

By pasting the whole object onto a drawing canvas behind the user media, then saving the image, using "on image saved" and setting a sprite to the SavedImageURL when using "Load image from URL" works to get the data into a sprite. I bet then its possible to store the SavedImage somehow into binary and then send over websocket???

This is dirty and hell.

• Wonder if the new HTML Element plugin will allow this to work? Anyone try yet?

• Since i can't edit i have to add that i made a part of a workaround (which is garbage but hey it's something?)

By pasting the whole object onto a drawing canvas behind the user media, then saving the image, using "on image saved" and setting a sprite to the SavedImageURL when using "Load image from URL" works to get the data into a sprite. I bet then its possible to store the SavedImage somehow into binary and then send over websocket???

This is dirty and hell.

I've been trying to achieve some kind of video chat lately and this does work - however, no matter how low I make the quality of the images, it doesn't seem to be able to reach minimum 30fps

I've also tried using VideoRecorder to record and stop recording over and over, but that's inefficient and wonky

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)