How do I add padding to my text (and other text related questions)?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Anyone know how to add padding to text?

Some of my text is italicised, and I have word wrapping on. If the text gets too close to the edge, sometimes it simply gets cut off.

If I could add some padding to the text box, it would still display it, and also make the text wrap at an early position to ensure it doesn't get cut off.

Additionally, I know we have wrapping for both word and character, but is there a way to turn it off entirely?

While I'm at it, is anyone else working with Japanese characters in their games? Construct doesn't seem to like formatting them at all! I have to set it to character wrap in order to get it to work even slightly, which results in periods being added to the line below on occasion.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Poke poke!

Trying to avoid things like this:

• I dealt with that a bit when I made a spritefont generator. The text is drawn with the canvas api and that doesn’t provide a way to measure the visual bounding box of text. It gives the width enough to space text well but nothing about stuff that overhangs.

Anyways, I just oversized it and centered the text to avoid the clipping.

You could avoid the warping entirely but just adding new lines as needed. That way you could ensure there’s a buffer to the right.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)