How do I add new voices ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi everyone

I am working on a very exciting project and it utilizes text to speech plugin for the same. But the issue is that there is only one voice available on my mobile

Do someone have any idea how to add voices in my chrome (mobile - android) so that I can utilize them through text to speech plugin in construct 3

Thanks and merry Christmas ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • By default there are 22 different voices that can be used.

You can use the speechsynthesis.VoiceURIAt() expression to get the names of the URI files. It is a 0 based index so put 0 or 1 or 5 etc in the brackets.

Then in your speak text action, in the VOICE URI field, enter the name of the URI file inside the "". Your text will be spoken using this voice file.

EDIT: Read too fast and didn't see the mobile part. Not sure what is available on mobile

• By default there are 22 different voices that can be used.

You can use the speechsynthesis.VoiceURIAt() expression to get the names of the URI files. It is a 0 based index so put 0 or 1 or 5 etc in the brackets.

Then in your speak text action, in the VOICE URI field, enter the name of the URI file inside the "". Your text will be spoken using this voice file.

EDIT: Read too fast and didn't see the mobile part. Not sure what is available on mobile

Thanks for the reply

Yes you are right. There are 22 voices available on my PC. But in mobile it is 0 (only default is available)

• You're only going to get 20 or so in browsers like Chrome. When you export to something like NWjs, you only get what the device in question already has installed, which is pretty much entirely user based and there's no way for you to know in advance what it is going to be. Sorry to say, but text to speech is useless if you expect to get a specific voice across all devices.

• I need a walk-through of this process, please.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)