How do I add levels to infinite runner and make it gradually faster?

1 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hi all, I'm making an endless runner where the character has to jump to dodge obstacles.

Right now, the level and speed are determined by the score. Two big problems usually occur:

1) Sometimes old obstacle is moving at X speed then the new lvl kicks in and the new obstacle moves at X+1 speed and bypasses the old obstacles on screen. Should I be using bullet behavior for my obstacles instead of moving it by doing X - 1?

2) The spawn event is janky and sometimes 4 obstacles will spawn between levels, making it impossible to jump. How do I have more control over what is spawn instead of doing random?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To solve 1, you can make them all move at the same speed as you increase level, you can use Pick all instances condition to make sure that older ones are adopting the new increase. For 2 isn't that just your own timing? You mean 4 obstacles in a row? Make them spawn more slowly if the issue is that they spawn too fast.

• To solve 1, you can make them all move at the same speed as you increase level, you can use Pick all instances condition to make sure that older ones are adopting the new increase. For 2 isn't that just your own timing? You mean 4 obstacles in a row? Make them spawn more slowly if the issue is that they spawn too fast.

Could you explain this more? I'm confused to how exactly should set that up. At score=6400 that's when the speed changes and it looks pretty janky. Here's my c3p

drive.google.com/file/d/1BRrYFJnJpeo77pNa-LfLBORp8WVr7e04/view

For the second question, I guess this is what I'm trying to do but don't know how.

• I took a look at the file and didn't see any issue. When score hits 6400 it noticeably speeds up but that's what you would want?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)