How do I add hitstop to attacks?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • I wanna have it so that when attacks connect, there is a short pause to the game, or a hitstop. Gives attacks a bit more punch when they connect. I tried using System > Time Scale and a Timer, but if you set it to zero time the Timer never counts down, and if to set it to something really slow with a very fast timer, it seems to mess with other logic in my game. Hitboxes and attack strings stop working properly.

I'd assume there's a "proper" way to do this, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Any help would be fantastic!

• Put your objects that you want to stop in a family.

Set the timescale of the family, not the global timescale.

• A simple but effective solution! Not perfect, but it's better than what I had before, thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • what's not perfect about it, what do you need ?

• I think the issue stems not from the hitstop but the way I have my combo system set up. I have a variable that controls what attack animation to play and hitboxes to spawn, that increments with every release of the attack button. When slowing down the time scale, if you're just mashing on attack, it tends to skip attacks and ruin the combo unless the pause is very short, almost unnoticable.

I don't think I can fix this unless I rebuild the entire combo system, and while I'll keep it in mind for future projects, I don't really feel like doing that right now ^_^;;

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)