How do i get the actual file path of a file during runtime?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I've searched this topic throughout the community and was able to find a solution. I need to be able to use the File Chooser plugin to load video files and to be able to save the actual path of each file to load later as the video source, without having to choose the same file again using the File Chooser. I understand that the "File Chooser plugin returns a special URL that refers to the local file". However, this does not give me the actual local path of the file that I would need if I wish to load it later.

• Browser app can't access the actual file path for security reasons, that's why you get an URL. If you need an actual file path, you need to build the game for desktop and use NWJS plugin.

• dop2000 Ahh yes... Thank you for your answer.

• Is it possible to load the file to save to another directory to load later though?

• Again, this is only possible in NWJS export.

You can't save files silently in a browser app. You can only invoke downloading a file, prompting the user to select where the file will be saved.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, I just discovered this. Don't know what I was thinking. I guess I will have to create two features of my project. Thanks again for your assistance!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)