How do I activate an event Group?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi folks,

Is it possible to create an event Group called for example "super enemy" and call that group when I need it? At the same time I would stop the whole group when I do not need it.

For example I have a Group which triggers a new enemy on the scene when the player reaches 100 points score.

I'd like to decativate this group once the player reaches 120 score points or when something else happens.

Can't get the logic on how to approach this.

I'm used to create a function and call the function when needed but I'm not sure how to do it here. By the way my scripting or coding skills are very basic.

• I don't think it's necessary to create a dedicated group. You could do it this way:

- Create a function that spawn your enemies.

- Inside the function you insert several ifs divided according to the score range you want. For example: If points is >= 0 and < 100 then spaw enemy A, if points is >= 100 and < 200 then spaw enemy type between enemy A and enemy B etc.

By doing this, by calling the spawn function of the enemies once, you can create enemies automatically based on the current score.

• I would make one enemy and create new objects of that enemy as needed. Then have a specific condition it checks for and set that spawn to be different.

I made a video for you:

youtu.be/8Ae60bUbJMk

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow brom thanks for the video!!! So cool!!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)