How do I make an action happen after the a for loop COMPLETELY finished?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
SynthWave Loop Pack includes 68 seamless loops, founded on 11 original melodies.
  • Hi!

So I have a group of diggers (instances of a sprite).

I want them to move to a point, and only after ALL of them are at that point, destroy them.

I can't figure out where to put the destroy action so that it won't destroy them before they moved or destroy each one as he reaches said point.... Like I said, I want all of them to reach the point first, then destroy them all.

Thanks a lot! :)

(in the example in this pic, diggers are destroyed one after the other as they reach the point)

• Hi!

Maybe you can transform the for each to a for loop (from 0 to object.count-1), and test on a subevent if the index is equal to OBJECT.count -1 ?

something like that

Hope it helps !

• Thanks for the idea!

I forgot to mention that this loop is already inside another loop... how do I distinguish loopIndex of one loop from the other?

(If I do it like in the pic below, they get destroyed before actually moving)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If all diggers are moving simultaneously and arrive at the same time (after 2 seconds), and if there are no "Waits" inside the loop, you can simply do this:

If diggers finish moving at different time, you need to use "On tween finished" trigger. With multiple instances it's a bit tricky:

• That did it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)