How do I get access to the letters of a string?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Learn lowercase and uppercase letters in English.
  • I have some sentences or words in the game which the player supposed to write them down fast which are already shown on the screen for a limited time. If the player misspell a word, i want to give that misspelled letter a different colour simultaneously.

i am not familiar to the json stuff and i could not find an efficient way to use the arrays in that particular case. Can you help me please?

• Sound like you need to use the BBCode, recently BBCode code has lots of exciting updates too.

To know more about this

youtube.com/watch

I hope this helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • actually that could help me with some issues but not exactly what i'm looking for, thank you for your response anyway. I need to check the words letter by letter so i am supposed to reach a word's letter with something like "word.2ndletter"

• You can access individual letters with the mid() expression. The tokenat() expression can be useful to grab individual words if there are spaces in between. To filter around punctuation you can remove them first with replace() or maybe regexreplace to remove all punctuation in one shot, but that can be tedious to do.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)