3D Camera Sprite Clipping

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hey all, so far I'm loving the 3D camera, but I'm curious about something...

Using Advanced Random to generate a height map and then mesh distortion on sprites, I'm able to get a poly style terrain map working. However... any sprite that has a Z Elevation <0 seems to just lay flat AT Z Elevation 0...

So then the answer is to raise everything up to like Z Elevation 256 or something, so I have room above and below the map's mid level, however, the higher the Z Elevation, the further away from camera the sprites clip out of rendering... They seem to at any Z Elevation but it's much worse when the Z Elevation is higher. The Clipping is noticeable even at the lowest...

So my question is... Has anyone else encountered this is? And is there a way to expose the Clipping box for the camera? Nearest and Furthest distances, as well as the FOV for the camera? I'm using the event system as I know ZERO scripting in C3... that said, I did manage to make a rudimentary version of a 3D camera about a year ago using only events and matrix math, so my logic is pretty solid for the most part. I'm also well aware that this is a new beta object and nowhere near feature complete. My assumption is that I'll just have to wait for more versitility to be added to the object itself.

Thanks in advance,

Brent

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you try setting the draw order on the layer to camera distance?

I find that the clipping and transparency glitches are tedious to overcome at the moment. The built-in sprite object should be able to face the camera at all axis.

As far as I know, FOV and stuff is not accessible through events right now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)