Why my project takes so long to save?

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Auto-save feature saves the project as a single c3p file. Maybe Construct needs to rebuild the file structure or something to save as a folder after that. You can test this by manually saving as c3p and then as a folder.

Yep, looks like you're correct. I'm just trying this out now with the build I uploaded to the issues page and it's triggering a slow project save after the single c3p file save.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks like Windows Defender is to blame! github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/5825

• Working today without autosave enabled, saving was a lot quicker for most of the day.

I did notice the occasional slow save once in a while, though nothing like what I was experiencing before. We're talking a 30 second save every couple of hours.

• After a bit more testing and observation today, I'm almost certain that it's tied to autosave.

As soon as my project autosaves, I can expect a long manual save straight after, no matter what (while using project folders). Meanwhile, disabling autosave results in no longer getting a long save time intermittently.

Interesting guess, i will check it later! But yea, for me it definetly not the project files size, and also it's not tied to actions i make, it's just seems random to me, so it easily can be related to autosaves

UPD: oh, i saw Ashley answer on GitHub, seems like you were right! Im so happy this problem will be fixed, I was struggling with it for a year at least now!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)