Why would an experienced C2 user would move to C3?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Move Block
$10 USD
Captivating puzzle game. With challenging gameplay, this game will keep you very engaged.
  • Why would an experienced C2 user would move to C3?

ca someone list me any reason? im talking about the case of many people here, someone really experienced with C2 does really needs to move to C3 if they can do exactly the same?

• No one did use C3 , so i don't think we can answer this question yet

• Cloud features, interface (arrays, images, text editors), integrated exporter, multiplatform support... quality of life stuff. Improvements across the board in terms of usability.

But if your point is that things you can do in C3 you can also do in C2, then that would be more or less true.

• Add to that the build service, Live Previews, "Find all references", project-bundled addons, lots of UI improvements... if you go through the blog posts there's a ton of stuff we've already covered. And we still haven't covered everything yet.

• Mac Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think thats the only real reason i will buy it...

Inherently, not specifically.

• > Mac Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

Inherently, not specifically.

True. Just a side effect of being a fully web-based tool.

• Why would an experienced C2 user would move to C3?

ca someone list me any reason? im talking about the case of many people here, someone really experienced with C2 does really needs to move to C3 if they can do exactly the same?

Beacuse C3 will be developed further, C2 will not.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you're into publishing mobile games i'd have to say the build service sounds pretty awesome. If it worked smoothly and took away all the pain of troubleshooting XDK or Cocoon then it would be a big incentive to upgrade to C3 for me.

Especially if C3 plugins for GameCenter, GooglePlay, iAP and ads are all working smoothly.

• For me its MAC support plus Build Service. I am so tired of using C2 on My mac with Virtual Machine switching back and fourth

• Difficult to answer the question at this stage.

Based on what we've seen to date, I don't feel as if there are any truly impressive new features, mostly improvements upon

C2 (but great improvements indeed).

So what would it take to make C3 provide a major leap ahead? I would argue that being able to rapidly prototype in the

event sheet system, then, when things get very large and/or complex, have the ability to move to scripting, would be major

plus. Scirra's event system is great to get people started and quite powerful, but tends to become difficult to maintain for

large projects. I know there has been some news about exporting the event sheets to pseudo-code in C3, but this would

need to work both ways to add true value.

Another great improvement would be to make it easier to extend C3. Although C2 can be extended with javascript, many

people have had issues with minifying code. A more integrated solution in this area would be great (in fact, with a scripting

ability, you could directly extend C3 with its own language, avoiding having to write external code using another language).

I would even argue that with the two features above C3 could be a serious competitor to Unity for 2D games. As things stand

however, I'm a bit worried that C3's main target will remain occasional/beginner programmers and with the subscription model

many of these may shy away.

Let's see what happens...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)