Why changing layout Breaks my game ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • Im wondering why would changing layout make almost half of my event sheet go BOOM BOOM. second layout is a duplicate of the first one. and suddenly some stuff wont spawn for some reason. other stuff will spawn 2 times instead of 1.

it completely broke the game im making.

I manage to fix some of the stuff but man. its chaos. i fix something and another 20 stuff go BOOM BOOM.

If i can get a general reason why things would stop working. maybe i could fix it. but i got no clue as to why.

or if anyone suggest any way i can design stuff so that this doesnt happen ?

when i watch tutorials on changing layouts, everyone does it so simple, its baffling.

• other stuff will spawn 2 times instead of 1.

Check that these objects are not set as Global.

another 20 stuff go BOOM BOOM.

The most likely reason stuff goes BOOM BOOM is that you made a boo-boo programming it :) Unfortunately this is all I can tell you from the information you provided.

• > other stuff will spawn 2 times instead of 1.

Check that these objects are not set as Global.

> another 20 stuff go BOOM BOOM.

The most likely reason stuff goes BOOM BOOM is that you made a boo-boo programming it :) Unfortunately this is all I can tell you from the information you provided.

haha i figured that out. im starting to think ill just have to start from scratch.

• Fixed one of the objects spawning problems just by moving the event out of the groups... didnt know groups affected the events that much.

• + System: CraftingMenu = 1

-> System: Wait 0.01 seconds

-> Ammo1ICON: Set position to CraftMenu1 (image point 1)

-> Ammo2ICON: Set position to CraftMenu1 (image point 2)

-> Bomb_ICON: Set position to CraftMenu1 (image point 3)

-> Bot1_Icon: Set position to CraftMenu1 (image point 7)

-> Repair_Icon: Set position to CraftMenu1 (image point 9)

-> Ammo1ICON: Pin Pin to CraftMenu1 (X: True, Y: True, angle: False, width: No, height: No, Z: False)

-> Ammo1ICON: Set Pin destroy with pinned object True

-> Ammo2ICON: Pin Pin to CraftMenu1 (X: True, Y: True, angle: False, width: No, height: No, Z: False)

-> Ammo2ICON: Set Pin destroy with pinned object True

-> Bomb_ICON: Pin Pin to CraftMenu1 (X: True, Y: True, angle: False, width: No, height: No, Z: False)

-> Bomb_ICON: Set Pin destroy with pinned object True

-> Bot1_Icon: Pin Pin to CraftMenu1 (X: True, Y: True, angle: False, width: No, height: No, Z: False)

-> Bot1_Icon: Set Pin destroy with pinned object True

-> Repair_Icon: Pin Pin to CraftMenu1 (X: True, Y: True, angle: False, width: No, height: No, Z: False)

-> Repair_Icon: Set Pin destroy with pinned object True

This works perfect on layout 1.

on layout 2 it just doesnt. only 2 of the sprites show up...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fixed the issue with the sprites disapearing.

The sprites were in the UI layer. maybe the parallax was sending them to heaven.

But on layout 1 they were on the UI layer and it worked...

anyway taking them out of that layer fixed it.

On to the next mess. =D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)