WHy no 3D in C3?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
3D Car Pack 1
$2.99 USD
3D models + Rendered Low-Poly Cars in isometric, top-down, and side angles.
  • I'm just wondering, why construct 3 go from 3D?

C2 have a ready plugin with everything needed, but it was dropped, it was a very very big mistake

Is there a serious reason to not use 3D?

• This week's beta release literally introduced the 3D shape plugin : construct.net/en/make-games/releases/beta/r244-2

Also, if you are referring to Q3D in Construct 2, it was a third-part plugin, not a standard plugin. Standard Construct 2 had no 3D feature.

• Construct 2 never had any official 3D features. Perhaps you were talking about a third-party addon, which is the responsibility of the addon developer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, it is 3rd party plugin, but it is worked in construct and worked great

Great to hear that you are taking steps in this direction.

You know, all mobile publishers require 3D these days. Especially if you are trying to work in the hyper-casual genre.

• You know, all mobile publishers require 3D these days. Especially if you are trying to work in the hyper-casual genre.

I am not claiming to have massive knowledge in the mobile publisher arena but I highly doubt that is the case. I think games are looked at based on merit - fun, visual style, quality and polish. Not if it's 3D or not. In fact, looking at the top 50 games on iOS store the majority of them are not 3D, especially if you are talking Hyper-Casual.

That being said - I would LOVE for a Construct 3D or even if Construct 3 supported it. It just opens up more gameplay and design possibilities while still using Construct.

• I am not claiming to have massive knowledge in the mobile publisher arena but I highly doubt that is the case

No, it is, unfortunately. Big publishers in hyper-casual genre are pushing 3D, because these games are generally more profitable. The game doesn't necessarily need to work in 3D space, but it at least have to look 3D.

So the new plugin is a great addition.

• If your game, not 3D, publishers even not talk. of cause, 2D can also work, but it is much harder to make a popular 2D game this day. ANd many genres just not available for 2D

Even web HTML5 games already require 3D.

We don't need unreal engine

but need, 3D space, ability to load 3D models, with textures, 3D physics, and skeletal animation will be a big plus like this game y8.com/games/rail_slide

If Construct will become a tool even for just fast prototyping, it will be very very good and will give a great boost to the engine.

I see a lot of talks about this engine youtube.com/watch because they give 3D (fake) from the box, and it makes this engine very interesting for devs

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)