Weird issue with LocalStorage

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • (Maybe it is not an issue, I may have put it wrongly)

So, I exported the apk and installed and when I run it, it starts from the middle of the game (From a checkpoint situated in mid) but when I perform the clear data/catch (from android setting) It starts from the beginning. How?

Having said that On the fist layout of the game I have put

On Start of layout: Load game from slot ""&save_GV

On load failed: Go to Main Menu

Please help me.

• Are you sure that was a clean install? Maybe you had an app installed on the phone with the same ID and installed a new version over it.

• Your events will load a savegame on startup, so presumably that's what's happening. When you clear storage there's no savegame, so it starts from the beginning again. It's correctly doing what your events say to do.

• Are you sure that was a clean install? Maybe you had an app installed on the phone with the same ID and installed a new version over it.

No, actually tried a couple of times.

• Your events will load a savegame on startup, so presumably that's what's happening. When you clear storage there's no savegame, so it starts from the beginning again. It's correctly doing what your events say to do.

Understood. The game run from the mid, but one thing looks weird is, I updated the mid area of the game but it loads (when I run it for the first time) from the previously saved state. For example, I have replaced multiple red tiles with green in the mid area but when the game loads for the first time it still shows the red tiles. :(

• If I preview form another browser (incognito) the game start from the beginning if I produce the apk then install Then only its start from the mid! Is not it weird?

• So basically it loads a save from the previous version of apk, is this correct?

You need to uninstall the previous version from the phone, before installing the new one.

If it still does this even after clean install, then maybe there is some auto-backup software on your phone that keeps app data after uninstalling? Like TitaniumBackup or something similar.

• So basically it loads a save from the previous version of apk, is this correct?

You need to uninstall the previous version from the phone, before installing the new one.

If it still does this even after clean install, then maybe there is some auto-backup software on your phone that keeps app data after uninstalling? Like TitaniumBackup or something similar.

What I have done so far.

Removed all the checkpoints and its respective events.

Cleared the data/catch and uninstalled the previous apk and install the newly debugged version of the app.

but Still, the game began from the same old location HOW?

No, there is no backup kind of software I have installed.

:(

• If you removed the event that loads the game from saved state, but it still does it - this makes no sense..

I would try to create a blank layout, set it as first layout, build the apk and test. If it still loads in mid game, then there's something wrong with the phone or maybe some mix up with the apks, I don't know..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you removed the event that loads the game from saved state, but it still does it - this makes no sense..

I would try to create a blank layout, set it as first layout, build the apk and test. If it still loads in mid game, then there's something wrong with the phone or maybe some mix up with the apks, I don't know..

Thanks dop2000 you were right, there is something wrong with my phone (Maybe due to Android 10? Its so weird), I tested the same apk with a different phone and voila it worked flawlessly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)