Web export problem (HTML5) cordova.js and cordova_plugin.js are missing

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm in the stage of learning and exploring the possibilities of C3. I stopped at the problem of exporting to HTML5. My export files are missing cordova.js and cordova_plugins.js. Neither the local server nor the public one can handle it. What should I do to include these files in the export files, or where to download them from?

Best wishes

Paul

• Sorry, I'm a complete beginner with C3. It was enough to select the "Bundle addons" option in the project properties and the project was generated correctly for Web. BTW, somehow I didn't find this information in the documentation at https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/publishing-to-the-web-10 and this information would be useful in this chapter.

Regards

Paul

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you sure you chose the right export option? Files like cordova.js are usually associated with Android and iOS app exports. Make sure you choose the Web (HTML5) export option for publishing to the web.

• Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the answer. I tried exporting to Web. Everything was fine on Android. When the option "Bundle addons" was disabled, the contents of the www directory contains:

The cordova.js file is missing and there is an attempt to download it in Index.html.

When the "Bundle addons" option is enabled, the content of the www directory contains:

Index.html does not contains the reference to cordova.js and the application starts on the web server without any problem.

Interestingly, the help description for this option in the editor tells you exactly what it is, but this information is missing from the www export documentation.

Regards

Paul

• I'm specifically talking about this option:

And when it is disabled, there is a reference in Index.html:

• I'm not sure what's going on here, because "Bundle addons" doesn't affect exported projects. It just means any third-party addons your project uses are saved with the project file, rather than needing them to be installed first.

• Interesting,

Today I tested again with the "Bundle addons" option turned on and off and in both cases the web export was done correctly.

Yesterday I must have screwed something up...

Regards

Paul

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)