Visual bug. I don`t know how to report THIS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This music pack covers differents situations for visual novels, anime games and many more!
  • It looks like a core bug of all Construct Engines(have seen it by myself on C3 and C2). I can`t understand on what it depends on. I have tried many times to reproduce it by some steps but I have failed. I can see it very often but I don`t understand why. All problem is in such a line near the sprite object:

(look at the top of the circle: there is a small line, but image in the sprite is just a clear circle)

Zoomed in:

It can be showed on any sight of the object and. I have often seen such lines, but I can`t understand how to reproduce it to report to developers. Maybe someone have ideas?

I have tried to make a new project but all my ideas to make such bug again were unsuccessful. Today, after opening my big project, I can see this line even in editor. But the main problem is that the line can appear in finished build on any device. I have tested Android and PC.

Tagged:

• Try adding a transparent pixel around the border, or just click the crop button in the Sprite editor.

• It might be a Tiled Background wrapping around the other side of the image, or it might be spritesheet bleed from an adjacent image. As ever it's hard to say for sure without seeing a project file. If it's the latter, changing the downscaling quality may help.

• It might be a Tiled Background wrapping around the other side of the image, or it might be spritesheet bleed from an adjacent image. As ever it's hard to say for sure without seeing a project file. If it's the latter, changing the downscaling quality may help.

I don`t have very big wanting to share my project with over 300 objects and over 2000 actions, but I have seen this bug even in new project sometimes, when at least one object exist.

I have croped the object just after meeting this bug, but this gave no result. Also I am not shure that setting a higher quality is a good practice because I have a really big project now and I am going to build it for android, so high quality downscaling would kill perfomance in the game.

I feel myself a little bit stupid. Is ther any other ways to fix such bug?

P.S.: Do you recommend me an option, which was labelled by yourself as "not reccomended"? :D

• Try adding a transparent pixel around the border, or just click the crop button in the Sprite editor.

Done before making the post. Nothing changed.

• This is a very common issue, I see it often.

I believe it stems from the spritesheets. If you have background images in your projects they can bleed to the sprites close to them in the sheet. Even if you have transparent borders of your sprites. But backgrounds don't, so they bleeeed

I don't know how to come around this.

• This is a very common issue, I see it often.

I believe it stems from the spritesheets. If you have background images in your projects they can bleed to the sprites close to them in the sheet. Even if you have transparent borders of your sprites. But backgrounds don't, so they bleeeed

I don't know how to come around this.

Ohhh... It seems like I understood the problem... Okay, now we should wait Ashley`s comments about this. I hope it would be not too hard to fix this visual bug by adding space around tiling objects in the spritesheet.

• You should be able to test out if it's a problem with the way C3 generates sprite sheets.

1. Export your project as HTML5

2. Download the zip file

3. Open the zip file and navigate to the "images" folder

4. Open the sprite sheet that contains the sprite in question

5. Observe whether or not there's edge bleeding contained in the sprite sheet

Let me know what you find.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should be able to test out if it's a problem with the way C3 generates sprite sheets.

1. Export your project as HTML5

2. Download the zip file

3. Open the zip file and navigate to the "images" folder

4. Open the sprite sheet that contains the sprite in question

5. Observe whether or not there's edge bleeding contained in the sprite sheet

Let me know what you find.

The lines can be seen in preview (if they exist) and the spritesheets can be seen directly in the editor.

• Fib, fredriksthlm,

Nice idea to look to the spritesheets, what I have just done. But result of my research is bad. Problem is more serious, because I didn`t found green objects near the circle:

Very strange thing...

• Greetings IcticStep

If you look at your image, it has bleed at the top

if it has bleed at the top, look at the image above it on the spritesheet and identify it

if you have identified which image causes the bleed, edit that image and use crop to make it stop bleeding

Best Wishes and good luck on your project

Eleanor

• Just an idea: add 4+ pixels of transparency around the 'Front-End' sprite, it looks like that texture is being bi/tri linear filtered into your circle sprite rendered image (if you are zoomed in or out, you might also be at a different mip level so you may need more than 1 pixel of source transparency buffer between the images.) Also if you want to do some testing/debugging before you try that, change the bottom of the Front-end sprite to all red pixels and see if that changes the color of the 'line' at the top of your circle sprite.

• Guess you could turn off filtering. That would answer a question.

Not the question, but here we are.

• Guess you could turn off filtering. That would answer a question.

Not the question, but here we are.

Yeah, it`s working. Game looks like the worst sheet in the world, but it definetly works...

• Just an idea: add 4+ pixels of transparency around the 'Front-End' sprite, it looks like that texture is being bi/tri linear filtered into your circle sprite rendered image (if you are zoomed in or out, you might also be at a different mip level so you may need more than 1 pixel of source transparency buffer between the images.) Also if you want to do some testing/debugging before you try that, change the bottom of the Front-end sprite to all red pixels and see if that changes the color of the 'line' at the top of your circle sprite.

Okay... The line changed to red:

So, yeah... The solution is to cut every single object in the project... Not only one object should be cutted but every his neighboor on spritesheet, too. Sounds like a trip to hell, but I am starting to do that with hope that conditions which move objects wouldn`t be broken after this.

Thanks for a good idea for the experiment. Why I haven`t knew that before?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)