Using already given templates

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hello! Construct2 offers some already build games as examples. Is it legal to use them to build your own game (i.e. modify the sprites completely and change a bit the gameplay)? How much should it be changed, such that to not be accused of copyright problems? Thank you!

• Hello! Construct2 offers some already build games as examples. Is it legal to use them to build your own game (i.e. modify the sprites completely and change a bit the gameplay)? How much should it be changed, such that to not be accused of copyright problems? Thank you!

You have referenced C2 but posted this in the C3 section.

Which version are you referring to, so I can move the thread? (if required)

• > Hello! Construct2 offers some already build games as examples. Is it legal to use them to build your own game (i.e. modify the sprites completely and change a bit the gameplay)? How much should it be changed, such that to not be accused of copyright problems? Thank you!

>

You have referenced C2 but posted this in the C3 section.

Which version are you referring to, so I can move the thread? (if required)

Oh, sorry for this! My question is for both, as both of them are providing examples.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • They are all royalty free for use within Construct 2/3 projects. Please note however - you cannot profit from them in your creations unless you have an appropriate license.

• They are all royalty free for use within Construct 2/3 projects. Please note however - you cannot profit from them in your creations unless you have an appropriate license.

Thank you for your reply. Could you please give me some more details about this? I want to make free games, but have ads in the game (so I guess this would count as profit). I do not intend to copy the game provided by Construct, I would have my own animations and sprites, but I was wondering if I can use parts of the code already provided in examples. As for as I know copying the gameplay of a game, with different graphics, is legal (hence why so many clones of popular games, such as Flappy Bird, which have ads in them). I was wondering if this is the case with the examples you provide. Thank you again for reply!

• Tom is referring to your Construct license.

So if your using a C2 Personal (5000$ US Profit Limit), C2 Business Edition or a C3 License (except educational) go WILD and have fun.

[quote:1g7fbva3]How much should it be changed, such that to not be accused of copyright problems? Thank you!

It's up to you, but being Royalty free, you don't need to change anything. But if you want to make money, you may want to change the graphics.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)