How to update a web game ? (Update game cache)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I been using Construct for a long time, and making dozens of games with it

But I still don't know how to update a web game (exported)

The old version still shown when I already override the HTML5 files (cache not updated), even the game version is increased.

I can fix it by clear browser cache for "last 1 hour", but other players that already play the game still play the old version.

Is there any configuration to override cache ? so I dont need to clear browser cache to see a changes

• Construct's auto-updater does skip the cache to make sure it gets a fresh update. However if the server itself still serves old files, it will not see an update. That is up to the configuration of your server though, and is outside Construct's control.

There's more information in the tutorial Offline games in Construct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I been using Construct for a long time, and making dozens of games with it

But I still don't know how to update a web game (exported)

The old version still shown when I already override the HTML5 files (cache not updated), even the game version is increased.

I can fix it by clear browser cache for "last 1 hour", but other players that already play the game still play the old version.

Is there any configuration to override cache ? so I dont need to clear browser cache to see a changes

If your server uses for example cloudflare, you can clear the cache in cloudflare for all users, when you have updated your game.

• Construct's auto-updater does skip the cache to make sure it gets a fresh update. However if the server itself still serves old files, it will not see an update. That is up to the configuration of your server though, and is outside Construct's control.

There's more information in the tutorial Offline games in Construct.

Thanks for the explanation

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)