Unwanted borders on Android export

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Does anyone know why I'm getting unwanted margins top and left when I export an Android Debug APK? I've tried the APK on a couple of different devices and it's still the same (see below):

There are no white borders when I do a browser preview and I've tried exporting simple test projects to the same phone and they appear without the borders. It must be a problem in my current project, but I'm not sure where to look.

Thanks,

Steve.

Tagged:

• Try Scale Outer mode and stretch your blue background about 200px on each side.

construct.net/en/tutorials/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes-77

• Thanks dop2000. I've tried all of the fullscreen scaling modes and the blue background is actually much larger than the 720x1280 viewport size (see below):

Everything works as expected using Remote Preview, but I always get the strange margins top and left when I install the APK file.

• Have you enabled 'Unbound scrolling' in the Layout properties?

• Hi Asmodean, I've tried it with and without Unbounded scrolling but it's still the same.

• As I see from your screenshots, it's not only your blue background that's being dragged right and down, but also all the elements in it (the whole layer / layout). Maybe you should upload a minimal project representing this issue for further investigation

• In the process of creating a minimal project I finally stumbled across the source of the problem. I was using a CSS stylesheet called 'style.css'. However it turns out that this is a reserved name in C3, so simply renaming the stylesheet fixed the problem.

If you create a new css file in C3 and then try to name it 'style.css' you get a warning and you're prevented from changing the name. However, if you use 'import files', you can import 'style.css' without a warning - beware!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you create a new css file in C3 and then try to name it 'style.css' you get a warning and you're prevented from changing the name. However, if you use 'import files', you can import 'style.css' without a warning - beware!

Ah, that's a bug, the import files dialog should catch that too. I've fixed that for the next beta.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)