Unsupported Android APIs

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • There are quite a few warnings on the Google Play console around the usage of unsupported APIs:

Unsupported
     9 warnings identified
    The following APIs are grey-listed and Google can’t guarantee that they will work on existing versions of Android. Some may already be restricted for your target SDK

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionAction(III)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;
    2 occurrences identified. Only unique stack traces are shown.

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionAction(IIILandroid/view/textclassifier/TextClassification;)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionModified(II)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionModified(IILandroid/view/textclassifier/TextClassification;)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionModified(IILandroid/view/textclassifier/TextSelection;)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;->selectionStarted(I)Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker;-><init>(Landroid/content/Context;I)V

API Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker;->logEvent(Landroid/view/textclassifier/logging/SmartSelectionEventTracker$SelectionEvent;)V

API Landroid/content/Context;->bindServiceAsUser(Landroid/content/Intent;Landroid/content/ServiceConnection;ILandroid/os/Handler;Landroid/os/UserHandle;)Z
    1 occurrence identified

How worried should I be about these? Is there any way I can estimate what problems they might cause?

• Since couple of months, I'm also facing a similar problem. At one point, I thought my smartphone is outdated that's why showing APIs errors.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you using the latest releases (stable or beta) available and have you used those for your export ?

If not, this should fix any incompatibility issue, as they rely on using the latest API available.

Even if our a recent export with a recent release you are still encountering issues, please post it to the GitHub issue tracker here:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

• Are you using the latest releases (stable or beta) available and have you used those for your export ?

If not, this should fix any incompatibility issue, as they rely on using the latest API available.

Even if our a recent export with a recent release you are still encountering issues, please post it to the GitHub issue tracker here:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

Thanks Kyatric.

I will do this then let you know either its working or not

• Had a quick search and found this.

Apparently this became a warning in Android SDK 28 (or possibly 29 I can't remember). The warning is actually caused by Google maintained webview code.

Quote from a related stack overflow post

In short, there's likely nothing you can do about this particular warning, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's happening in the device's Chromium WebView implementation, so it's outside of your application's control. As both Android and Chromium are published by Google, if there is a legitimate issue in a future release, an update will be published to the WebView implementation before it becomes a problem.

stackoverflow.com/questions/51988819/android-p-api-28-what-does-the-strictmode-policy-violation-smartselectionev/51989550

• This is with the latest (minus today's) release.

oliver009 Have you raised an issue? I'll raise one if not, or I'll use yours if you have.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)