There are only 200 undo/redo in Construct 3.

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 200 hand drawn skill icons. All icons are of a high quality.
  • Why there are only limited 200 Undo/Redo in construct 3?

200 undo/redo looks like sufficient for events but for layout its not sufficient. I think 500-1000 Undo/Redo should be there.

• The editor can take up way more space. Think about, add a sprite, edit a sprite, delete a sprite, all stuck in ram, all undoable. I'm surprised the undo works as well as it does now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I didn't know that limit, and it doesn't bother me much, but I totally agree with you, there could be more.

Also, if it's all stuck in RAM, some people have more of it, so it's reasonable to assume they want more undo steps.

You should put it into the ideas page to have some sort of control over it. I've seen many softwares that give the user the option to increase it.

• Unlimited undo is basically a memory leak, so there needs to be some kind of limit.

I thought 200 would be enough in practice - C3 has been out for about 3 years and I think you're the first to notice the limit! I guess we could add a setting for that.

• yeah a custom undo setting So any anybody can set it according to their requirements or their RAM capacity

• I've used C3 since its release and have created a couple decent sized projects (~400 objects and 3k+ events), and I have never noticed the undo/redo limit. I doubt I've even come close to the limit. But sure, a setting to increase it wouldn't hurt.

• I figured it had a limit, but I never noticed because 200 is a lot and I try to avoid a lot of undos/redos because C3 has had a history of crashing on me if I use it too much. I would think 200 is more than adequate, but I am all for users being able to define this at the same time.

Ashley is also right that unlimited undo would cause memory issues.

• and also there should be more recent files list on Start page

• another thing

is there any possibilities when we do undo/redo and the notification shows about what we did then

Is it possible to also show on which line in the event sheet undo happened.

something like below

• Perhaps something like a manual bookmark for when you think you might be going off into the weeds.

Better than having to reload from a save.

• another thing

is there any possibilities when we do undo/redo and the notification shows about what we did then

Is it possible to also show on which line in the event sheet undo happened.

something like below

Yes! I crave that. Also some sort of History Bar, I always feel so lost when I'm on a undo/redo sprint.

• I created idea for this please vote it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)