Well I tried to be positive....Admob Plugin Issue

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
AdMob Plus PRO
$12.99 USD
[ Support C3 Build service ] Native Ad, App Open Ad, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Ad.
  • After initially being pessimistic about C3 and the subscription model, I was then constantly told how I wasn't giving C3 a chance and the new C3 and native Admob plugin were awesome.

So today I dropped the $49 to give it a chance and, as I feared, it's broken and seems to have been for some time. I get a black-screen on load if I integrate the native Admob plugin. If I take the plugin out - it loads fine.

From other posts, it seems the native Admob plugin has had this issue since December - bugs have been reported - but it's still broken. That's 4 months!

Scirra - please fix this. I'm now on the clock (per annum) and C3 is useless to me without this feature working.

I'm really trying to remain positive, but it aint looking good.

This happens on a shared preview to my phone.

• Pretty sure plugs for mobile wont work on preview.

• I think this was a similar bug I spotted recently and should be fixed in version r90 in a few days:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1349

Check if that's the case. If it is either wait for r90 or try using r71, or disable it when running remote preview.

• I think this was a similar bug I spotted recently and should be fixed in version r90 in a few days:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1349

Check if that's the case. If it is either wait for r90 or try using r71, or disable it when running remote preview.

Thanks all but my issue IS that I need ads. I don't want to disable them. If I use "on start of layout" I get a blackscreen, if I put the ads "show" command on a button click, the app runs but I get the above msg on a click.

As stated, this is a blocker for me. Yes, it seems the bug is the same as the one linked. Can we use betas of r90?

• Thanks all but my issue IS that I need ads. I don't want to disable them.

Try Cadburry games' ad plugins. He's already ported them to C3 last I checked. Though your next potential problem is that guy never ever replies if and when something goes wrong. Check to see if Josek has ported his plugins to C3 as well. His worked well on C2 at least last year.

• >

> Thanks all but my issue IS that I need ads. I don't want to disable them.

>

Try Cadburry games' ad plugins. He's already ported them to C3 last I checked. Though your next potential problem is that guy never ever replies if and when something goes wrong. Check to see if Josek has ported his plugins to C3 as well. His worked well on C2 at least last year.

Thanks - I used Cranberry in C2. I kind of want to stick with native - as I paid for it.

• By disabling, I only meant for Previewing, as it works when exporting to APK.

As for previewing, should be in r90, and yes the new beta. Should be by tuesday when they usually release it.

Forget Cadburry lol The guy never responds

• By disabling, I only meant for Previewing, as it works when exporting to APK.

As for previewing, should be in r90, and yes the new beta. Should be by tuesday when they usually release it.

Thanks much, I will give it a couple of days.

• If you're looking for an alternative admob plugin try UltimateAds by TobyR. I've spent a bit of time testing different ads plugins and I can say UltimateAds is the best one I've used. It just works as u'd expect. And the dev is v helpful if u have questions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you're looking for an alternative admob plugin try UltimateAds by TobyR. I've spent a bit of time testing different ads plugins and I can say UltimateAds is the best one I've used. It just works as u'd expect. And the dev is v helpful if u have questions.

Can you still use the C3 "build APK" with the UltimateAds plugin? Or do you have to use Cocoon etc?

Ideally, I'd like Scirra to fix what I already paid for.

• > If you're looking for an alternative admob plugin try UltimateAds by TobyR. I've spent a bit of time testing different ads plugins and I can say UltimateAds is the best one I've used. It just works as u'd expect. And the dev is v helpful if u have questions.

>

Can you still use the C3 "build APK" with the UltimateAds plugin? Or do you have to use Cocoon etc?

Ideally, I'd like Scirra to fix what I already paid for.

If I understood correctly, the problem was only in preview mode and it's fixed in r90.

By disabling, I only meant for Previewing, as it works when exporting to APK.

• >

> > If you're looking for an alternative admob plugin try UltimateAds by TobyR. I've spent a bit of time testing different ads plugins and I can say UltimateAds is the best one I've used. It just works as u'd expect. And the dev is v helpful if u have questions.

> >

>

> Can you still use the C3 "build APK" with the UltimateAds plugin? Or do you have to use Cocoon etc?

>

> Ideally, I'd like Scirra to fix what I already paid for.

>

If I understood correctly, the problem was only in preview mode and it's fixed in r90.

> By disabling, I only meant for Previewing, as it works when exporting to APK.

> As for previewing, should be in r90, and yes the new beta. Should be by tuesday when they usually release it.

> Forget Cadburry lol The guy never responds

>

I'm awaiting the fix - meanwhile, I'm blocked.

• Its Tuesday, and its fixed.

r90.2

It doesnt break the preview now.

• Its Tuesday, and its fixed.

r90.2

It doesnt break the preview now.

Nice! Thanks! Just so I know, though the preview now works for the app, the test ads still aren't expected to preview too, correct?

If the above is true, is there any way to preview the app and test ads without creating an APK etc?

• > Its Tuesday, and its fixed.

> r90.2

> It doesnt break the preview now.

>

Nice! Thanks! Just so I know, though the preview now works for the app, the test ads still aren't expected to preview too, correct?

If the above is true, is there any way to preview the app and test ads without creating an APK etc?

I agree with this, I think you need a placeholder ad in preview , just to give the user who is testing the confidence that all is working ok, otherwise they will question if it's working or not.

Something like, "You are seeing a Construct 3 replacement test ad for admob"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)