Transitioning between game styles?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Pack of illustrator graphic styles. Make your own logos, game titles, or anything you want.
  • So with construct3 is it possible to say go from platform to top down and back and forth?

The idea is to create an arpg where all the battling and dungeon like crawling is done via platform style.

Then having the element of some of the likes of top down is there.

- your location and ability to farm

- map locations outside of battling is top down with exploring - towns, foraging, and so forth.

I'd like to be able to transition between the two if possible within construct3

or is that a limitation? Any tips greatly appreciated.

thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It shouldn't be a problem.

This kind of designs basically doubles your workload though, as you are effectively working on two different games at the same time.

If that is not a problem...

You could have a layout in which you explore the world in a top down fashion, when you find a dungeon in the over-world your game logic could go to a different layout in which the side-scrolling portion takes place.

When the side scrolling level is complete, by either winning or loosing, the game takes the player back to the over-world layout.

Different points in the main exploration layout could take you to different side scrolling layouts. It should work just fine.

• so late with responding and giving my thanks for your helpful response.

Are the guides for an rpg but done in construct2 useful and translatable to construct3? My oldest is wanting to read some guides to maybe be able to understand and code with me instead of just help out with the planning and art side of things like my other two.

It shouldn't be a problem.

This kind of designs basically doubles your workload though, as you are effectively working on two different games at the same time.

If that is not a problem...

You could have a layout in which you explore the world in a top down fashion, when you find a dungeon in the over-world your game logic could go to a different layout in which the side-scrolling portion takes place.

When the side scrolling level is complete, by either winning or loosing, the game takes the player back to the over-world layout.

Different points in the main exploration layout could take you to different side scrolling layouts. It should work just fine.

• Everything you can do in C2 you should be able to do in C3, unless it uses a third party plugin that was never ported to C3. Then again, anything you can do with a plugin you should also be able to in C3 as well, with a little more work.

• Thanks I thought so, but figured better ask just in case thinking wrong lol

Everything you can do in C2 you should be able to do in C3, unless it uses a third party plugin that was never ported to C3. Then again, anything you can do with a plugin you should also be able to in C3 as well, with a little more work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)