Touch input in layout view.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • I don't know if I should file a bug or add a feature request. I'm using C3 (desktop version) on a Surface Pro 4.

Pinch-zoom not working in layout view.

You can scroll with one finger but you also get selection rectangle if you do it.

You can't resize, reposition or rotate objects using touch, but you can select them.

Using the mobile version on desktop was not very usable either.

So do I add this as bug or feature request. Support for Touch capable desktop devices?

Using a stylus works well for rotate, move, scale. As stylus tip works as mouse pointer, but this is not the case using touch. Do you have any touch/stylus device testing this kind of functionality?

As touch enabled desktop computers/laptops/tablet hybrids are becoming more common this would be really nice to have, and certainly a big selling point if supported.

Only layout view acting weird with touch. So far I haven't noticed anything else strange.

• Ashley or Tom

Should I file this as bug of feature request? I don't know if it's intended to work, or if this should be considered a feature request.

• Hmm, I think file this as a bug for now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • good. just tried out the beta on my sp4 pretty much cant use it as touch is as above plus normally what would be a touch and drag to pan kind of pans but also selects moves randomly whatever sprites are under your finger. also the scroll bars on the layout view are doing the opposite of input eg left is up and up is right.

to note though in general touch dosent work well on chrome on windows 10 surface pros anyway, feels buggy and does strange things sometimes especially in full screen mode.

edge touch works perfectly. you would think ms are deliberately gimping chrome on their surface pros. either that or chrome just havent worked out how to do browser touch properly on desktop yet... which is hard to believe.

• good. just tried out the beta on my sp4 pretty much cant use it as touch is as above plus normally what would be a touch and drag to pan kind of pans but also selects moves randomly whatever sprites are under your finger. also the scroll bars on the layout view are doing the opposite of input eg left is up and up is right.

to note though in general touch dosent work well on chrome on windows 10 surface pros anyway, feels buggy and does strange things sometimes especially in full screen mode.

edge touch works perfectly. you would think ms are deliberately gimping chrome on their surface pros. either that or chrome just havent worked out how to do browser touch properly on desktop yet... which is hard to believe.

Yeah it would be good if this worked flawlessly. I really don't like chrome and only have it installed at the moment just for C3. Usually chrome works fine with touch, for example google maps. I think they just didn't implement any touch functionality in the desktop version yet. They probably thought everyone using desktop version would use mouse and keyboard. I think that's why it's not working correctly at the moment.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)