Timelines and Saving

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • Not sure if this is an issue or not, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has run into this. I've looked around and haven't found anything, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. I considered making a bug report, but I can't imagine this is a bug because it seems far too basic for that.

Before anything else I should say I'm on version 178 Beta, for C3. Anyway, if I put a timeline in a project in C3 and then try to use the in game "save" action the game just crashes. Its one of those crashes where everything just freezes up and you can't do anything but close the window. This happened in both the desktop version of the game and in chrome. I ran the project in chrome only because you can use developer tools to sometimes get an idea of what happened in your code when C3 crashes like this but in this case I don't really know what the error message is saying, seems like it can't read the timeline to save it or something, image of the error code below.

I'm also attaching a capx that I just threw together, mostly just for posterity to show I'm not doing anything crazy with timelines, link below. Just press 's' which triggers a save and it should freeze. The sine behavior on the sprite is just serving as a visual representation of the freeze.

drive.google.com/open

Like I said before I can't imagine its that broken, unless timelines were just never meant to work with saving, but I find that hard to believe. I'm assuming that I'm somehow doing something really stupid and breaking things as a result. If anyone can clue me in I'd appreciate it.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This looks like a legit crash.

Saving the state of timelines is a fairly new feature, was just added in r174.

• Turns out it was an edge case, that I hadn't even though about. It will be fixed by the next beta.

• Good to know that I'm not just going crazy. Thanks for all your hard work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)