Timeline feature request

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hello,

playing with the Timeline for a while and here are the things I feel missing so far:

- scale properties. Width and Height is fine but many times I want to use bouncing ball effect (squash and stretch) on a different objects (different sizes) and the best way to do that is to animate scale x and y, cuz width and height keyframes will overwrite original dimension of bigger object during the animation - Animation based on scale properties is basically dimension independent.

- seconds to frames. Like any animator I like to calculate frames not second while keyframing so it will be nice to have option to select target framerate in timeline properties and then to have in my timeline 25fps step for one second, or 30, or 60, whichever I select as a target framerate. Then step option will not be necessary, right now I am changing step to 0.04s to have 25frames/steps for a second in the timeline.

Cheers!

• psychoanima I did see this post about a month ago :P

I implemented scaling animations in the next beta, so you should be able to try that out soon.

I will implement the second suggestion as well as it sounds sensible, but I have a question. You say you changed the step to 0.04 seconds to achieve 25 fps animations, were you using Step Animation Mode as well?

I ask because if you don't and the Animation mode is left at default, the step value is not applied at runtime. Or did you just set the step to help with the preview while editing?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DiegoM Great news, can't wait to test them out!

You say you changed the step to 0.04 seconds to achieve 25 fps animations, where you using Step Animation Mode as well? Or did you just set the step to help with the preview while editing?

To help me in preview because my, and I believe other animators work hardly depends on "calculating frames" to achieve the most appealing movement regardless timing and spacing. It's hard to explain but when I set my timeline for keyframing like this (24/25 steps for a second), I set proper spacing for movement and after that speeding and slowing animation is really easy thing to do.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)