How much time to wait a reply in bug tracker?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Sorry, if this is the wrong place, I don't know where to post this else than here.

Yesterday, I used for the first time the bug tracker of the GitHub repo of Scirra. The issue I have is, to my eyes, enough critical to get an answer as soon as possible.

I don't want to copy/paste all I say there, but in short: I found a way to kill the Construct 3 editor, 12 times, in less than 2 minutes (Unlisted YouTube video included there).

When I say I killed Construct 3, I mean the whole editor went red everywhere and my Web browser console got red like a flood. If this trick to fatal end our Construct 3 so easily, it should be investigated, right?

I don't want to use this forum for any advantages to have a "special treat" to get answers fast. I just want to know the timelapse to expect for my first use of the bug tracker when the issue destroys with no mercy the Construct 3 editor with no effort.

Thanks for any replies.

P.S. I don't know if I can talk about this here. If not, I misunderstood the use of this forum. Please don't use the 🥾 on me :(

(English is not my first language, thanks).

• Scirra is not working on weekends

• It is the weekend right now, so it may get looked at in the next week or so. It's great that you found bugs and reported them!

I think Scirra will judge how severe a bug is, and they may roll out an update earlier than expected if it is a common crash that a lot of people are experiencing. If it is an obscure crash that not many people encounter, then it will probably get fixed in next beta update.

• I didn't know about the weekend thing, my bad (was my first report *insert emoji asking mercy*).

This problem is so easy to reproduce. I can get the following screenshot every 3 seconds if I want, no matter the day:

I can do it with no effort. So, that's why I thought it should be maybe reported.

I can even get this red screen 20 times in less than 2 minutes if I want to speedrun (can be reproduced at this point).

If curious to see the YouTube link and the report, I "think" I'm allowed to post the GitHub link here: github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/6192

Thanks for all your answers :)

• Your bug looks severe, but it sounds like it only affects Opera GX, so the temporary solution could be to use a different browser. I think this bug may get fixed in one of the betas (unless it is Opera GX causing the issue).

If this bug happened in Chrome and all other browsers, then I think they would fix it immediately.

• Thanks for the reply.

I tried so hard to reproduce it in Firefox and Chrome, but the only things they are both angry about are this:

Honestly, even for me who is searching for a job as a Web developer Frontend after getting my college degree, I can't understand what this error is meaning. Never seen that before :/

Have a nice day!

• pikawilliam11

I too thought that this might be related to Opera GX, so I tried it out... and didn't see any crash. So it might be something very specific to your setup.

Also, when you take into account that Opera GX is built on Chromium, the open source project which also powers Chrome... it's even less likely that there could be a bug that happens in Opera GX but not in Chrome, because they are essentially the same browser with a different coat of paint.

None of this is particularly helpful, but I thought to point it out.

• Hi DiegoM. A bug that can only happen on my setup and not on other ones? I love when this is happening (Sarcasm, but literally happening every week).

If Opera GX and Chrome are both powered by Chromium (What I didn't know), it's really understandable to say that if the problem happens only in Opera GX and not in Chrome, then something mysterious must be questioned about my setup. However, I don't know what are the main differences between Chrome and Opera GX about: Why are they using the same Chromium, BUT I can't use any website using Cloudflare from my Chrome while Opera GX doesn't have this issue (I was unable to access Codepen for almost 6 months until I downloaded Opera GX). (My Chrome still doesn't let me access Codepen for almost 6 months, if asking).

Alright, I will just have to be cautious with the size of Opera GX windows when using Construct 3 editor ^^ (I don't want to use Chrome again, unless in the extreme cases, because of the outnumbered times I get 403 and Cloudflare security errors on me by a Chrome who doesn't let me use it normally).

Have a nice night!

• From the bug report FAQ:

Why haven't you responded to my bug report yet?

We do look at every report, but developer and release schedules mean we may not get round to it immediately. Please allow a few weeks for it to be investigated. If you are waiting, you can improve the chance it is resolved when a developer does get round to it by carefully reviewing these guidelines and providing as much useful information about the problem as possible. If you are missing anything, you may end up waiting a few weeks for a reply simply asking for the missing information, and then you're back to waiting again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Ashley. Sorry for the misunderstood, but I thought I was clear in my choice of words, which is my bad.

I thought by saying:

I don't want to use this forum for any advantages to have a "special treat" to get answers fast. I just want to know the timelapse to expect

The issue I have is, to my eyes, enough critical to get an answer as soon as possible.

It would be clear that I DIDN'T mean to say "I want an answer now *Angry emoji*", but I would clearly say "I have no stress. What is your average of waiting time for critical problem, folks? Just asking like that. No idea? It's alright, chill. I will just wait then".

Visibly, I missed again the choice of words in a forum post for the OutOfRange times...

The purpose of this post was asking the average time from other user experiences (IF have one) without digging deeper if no clear answers shows up.

Sorry again and have a nice day!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)