How can i do this? Solid not moved by other solid! Please help!

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi Please help i just cant figure how to do this. Been trying for several hours.

i have a box(solid, platform) fall from top. When it landed on the character(solid, platform), it keeps following the character wherever he move. SO how can it not affect by other solid when it landed on top of the other solid? I just want it keep falling down.

• Not exactly sure what your trying to achieve but if both have platform behaviour on them them controls will move both objects which is why the box is following the players movement

• let me try this again. so there are 2 boxes. one is on top of the other. if the bottom box move, the bottom box will carry the top box. I dont want the bottom box carrying the top box. I want the top box just fall down if the bottom box move out.

• let me try this again. so there are 2 boxes. one is on top of the other. if the bottom box move, the bottom box will carry the top box. I dont want the bottom box carrying the top box. I want the top box just fall down if the bottom box move out.

Maybe.. add physics behavior to it

• any new method? because i have solid and platform behavior on those boxes.

• This won't work with the built in platform behavior. You can either use physics or set up your own platforming events.

You could also possibly use a helper solid object. Upon collision, move the upper block up a pixel, and place a temporary invisible helper object of the same width below it, so that the fallen block is resting on this helper object rather than the moving box. When the moving box no longer overlaps the helper object, delete the helper object and the upper box should fall down. Haven't tested this myself though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

is a bit tricky this one, here is my attempt

is a C2 Capx but you can open it on C3 also I'm not sure if this is free of bugs is been done quick

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akxel0s6830ivhj/Solid%20Box%20%28Stop%20or%20Keep%20Faling%29%20on%20hit%20solids%20Objects.capx?dl=0

• wouldn't simply setting physics to immovable while in contact with bottom box do the trick.

Then when bottom box moves far enough make it not immovable, it should fall down

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)