Do you think about developing JS scripts to add other ides.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Or improve the function of the IDE. The JS block in the event table cannot be shrunk normally and lacks automatic indentation.

• The browser is currently restricted in it's ability to open external editors for files, although the experimental local folder projects might work around.

I generally advise that you basically just have function calls in event sheet scripts, then have the actual functions in script files. Makes it easier to work with.

The text editor we use does have an automatic indentation option, but it's currently turned off as it incorrectly indents curly braces if you follow the brace on newline style. We could make this configurable, but it would likely be off by default.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • With the most recent versions of chrome allowing local files, could we just write scripts in our editor of choice?

Would there be any interest in Scirra sharing the C3 SDK language extension so we could write use intellisense in other editors?

• With the most recent versions of chrome allowing local files, could we just write scripts in our editor of choice?

Yes, you could save as a folder project and then edit the project's .js files in a different editor.

• The autocomplete data isn't in a format that other editors would understand. I don't expect many editors have a standard format anyway. If there was enough demand we could probably publish some TypeScript definitions, which should give you autocomplete for VS Code.

• That's okay - the editor within Construct is more than good enough; thank you Nepeo

• The browser is currently restricted in it's ability to open external editors for files, although the experimental local folder projects might work around.

I generally advise that you basically just have function calls in event sheet scripts, then have the actual functions in script files. Makes it easier to work with.

The text editor we use does have an automatic indentation option, but it's currently turned off as it incorrectly indents curly braces if you follow the brace on newline style. We could make this configurable, but it would likely be off by default.

I don't know if you've noticed gdevelop built-in JS script editor in the timesheet. I think it's great. Although the experience of gdevelop is not as good as that of C3, I think its built-in script editor can be used for reference.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)