The Excellent things about the Current Construct 3.
It went better than what I've expected from Construct 3 on its release. Initially Construct 3 was an impractical option until these features came:
- Batched Spritesheet.
- Better Performance with large projects. Which, Construct 2 has problems with.
- Reference :: https://bit.ly/2MioPIu
- C3 Runtime.
- Faster Preview Time for large projects.
- Faster Loading Time for large projects.
- Better Support for bug reports.
- Cloud Build Service.
The initial state of Construct 3.
Although before those features, a lot of problems were present, and most of them were crashes. It was only at the start of 2018, it went practically smooth to use. But that is to be understood from a newly made program. But when Construct 3 was too early, a lot of in-editor bugs were hard to handle. Like,
- Very frequent unpredictable crashes.
- Buttons not working / delayed. Takes a few minutes to seconds before it worked.
- Things just go bizarre.
- And LMAO... More crashes.
Not to mention that the initial Construct 3, used the same runtime as Construct 2. It was called the C2Runtime and also the initial C3Runtime was far slower than the C2runtime.
The current state of Construct 3.
Now, Construct 3 is more practical to use compared to Construct 2, unless you want more control and extend the engine features by using the hidden or undocumented runtime methods.
And also, a lot of addons were already ported to Construct 3, using c2runtime.
Although, there is a another new thing that is in-demand of porting, from the time of this writing. Those are supporting the C3Runtime. Which was then just quite recently proven to be more efficient and better in performance compared to the C2runtime.
This is a very great news for Mobile Game Developers as it lengthens the time before the Mobile Phone heats up, decreases CPU usage and increases performance.
The issues with the current Construct 3.
With that all said, a lot of problems are still present by using Construct 3.
Some of those are ::
- A lot of Construct 2 Essential Plugins can't be ported to the C3runtime. Because of the lacking SDK features.
- A lot of Construct 3 plugins still doesn't support the C3Runtime. Either not yet, or can't.
- The Editor still has some bugs still left unreported. Either missed or hard to report. I've encountered lots of hard to report bugs, which is best left unreported and focus on the others.
- Construct 3 still doesn't have a Preloader Feature unlike Construct 2. In which case, an official one.
- Construct 3 has a good remote preview. But projects with larger assets, sometimes don't load or at least not properly.
- The Construct 3 runtime is still at its early stages and most likely have some significant bugs and issues.
Construct 3's overtime progress.
But still, considering, Construct 3 is doing very well. And maybe in time, these problems will be solved.
As bugs are reported. :: github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues
As new features that are in-development will be finally made after a few months or years. :: construct3.ideas.aha.io
As new suggestions will be accepted. :: construct3.ideas.aha.io
Even though with the improvements, it would still be very great if Ashley and the — were to find a way to hasten things up more.
Welcome back! And I hope that shed some light.