Thanks for the scene graph!

1 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
3D Rendered, High Resolution elements to create an apocalytic scene or war zone
  • I just moved to r233 from the last stable version.

With the addition of spawning objects with their entire hierarchies, I've been able to use it a lot like prefabs by creating sprites as parents and using that as the "spawner" with all it's configurations.

Thank you Diego and C3 team! I hope you know how big an impact this has and will have on making my larger project more manageable.

Is there any plans to make it so children can conform to their parent's visibility, opacity and color settings? These are currently the last things holding me back from moving my UI to use hierarchies instead of my current GameObject plugin (by Aekiro) system. The need to manually set up and pick specific children of type before applying their opacity/color will drastically increase my event sheet sizes.

• Originally we wanted to make sure that the transformation properties were handled properly, because they are the most important. Having said that, visibility opacity and color sound like reasonable additions.

There has been a suggestion/expectation that changes to the z index of an instance should affect all children in a hierarchy, which sounds like a reasonable option to have as well, so I think that at some point all of those things will be added. Not to sure when though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DiegoM

I think the hierarchy settings are a bit mixed when using behaviors.

Like I could Tween a size, but not set it manually until it was unticked.

That brings up another question of how scale should be applied to children.

• Originally we wanted to make sure that the transformation properties were handled properly, because they are the most important. Having said that, visibility opacity and color sound like reasonable additions.

There has been a suggestion/expectation that changes to the z index of an instance should affect all children in a hierarchy, which sounds like a reasonable option to have as well, so I think that at some point all of those things will be added. Not to sure when though.

Thanks again for the hard work on this feature!

Yeah, that's going to be useful for re-ordering UI elements and Y-sorted characters.

• Yeah, it's one of the greatest additions to C3. I found myself using hierarchies for everything now! Linking opacity and other properties between objects would increase its usefulness even more.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)