Team Collaboration Best Practice

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • My apologies if this is covered somewhere but after digging around I am not sure about the best way to handle this.

Here is my situation.

I have a class with 2 sets of student teams (4 students per team). The goal is to create a C3 game where each team is working on their own "level" or map.

Essentially the premise is that there would be a sharing of assets so that the player can chose from either "world" (map) from a main lobby.

The question is what is the best way to go about this? How do I get the 4 people on each team to both

A.) work on their map simultaneously

B.) Connect the 2 maps via the 3rd basic landing zone

Can one construct game 'launch' another game? If so that would be a relatively simple way to handle the starting point. If not, then how can we break up the files so independent maps (think levels) can be worked on by students simultaneously.

I am hopeful this can be done as we purchased 20 licenses already and have the students going through the general tutorials now.

Thank you in advance for any solutions or advice.

• "Can one construct game 'launch' another game?"

Iframe plugin could cut it. I haven't used it, but it could connect 2 games to third main one.

Or you just make Base project. With layout and eventsheet for each team. Both open/get same base project, they name all their assets with their teamname_ and create them on their layout&eventsheet. Later you open their projects up and drag drop their work onto 1 project.

• Can one construct game 'launch' another game? If so that would be a relatively simple way to handle the starting point. If not, then how can we break up the files so independent maps (think levels) can be worked on by students simultaneously.

I think Construct allows to import a project file structure and event sheet inside another project but im not sure how is done.

But,i did find this post by Ashley explaining how a team could work on the same project in the same time using a SVN.

HOW TO COLLABORATE ON PROJECTS WITH SVN

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, or is something you where not aware of.

But basically the above link, is hosting a main project on a github like place (or in this case a SVN based on the tutorial above), and then everybody can edit files and commit changes, and the main file is updated.

While the above tutorial is for Construct 2 i think should work for Construct 3 also.

Hope it helps.

• A mi gustaria apuntarme en su escuela si fuera posible.

Donde imparte las clases?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please only post in English on the forum.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)