Target API and minimum API

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Aim carefully a shoot the ball at the target to earn scores!
  • OK, if there this already a post on this, I couldn't find it. I would like a simple explanation on how this is going to work because Google has been terrible at responding to questions.

From Google: "This is a reminder that starting November 2, 2020, updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android 10 (API level 29) or higher. After this date, the Play Console will prevent you from submitting new app bundles and APKs with a targetSdkVersion less than 29."

Does this mean when we export we'll have to make it so that it only supports Android 10 so older Android builds are gone and you lose the people that have older devices?

If the game is fine, could we possibly just build it for compatibility for Android 5 and then not worry about updates because the game is finished?

Is there a way to build for API lv29 as a target while still maintaining compatibility with lower versions of Android in Construct 3? (I think you can do that in Visual Studio as per Microsoft's site.)

Thanks in advance... gosh I hope this gets answered lol.

• Construct already sets the target API level to 29. You don't need to worry about the target SDK, Construct manages that for you.

The target API level is different to the minimum API level, which is what sets the lowest supported version of Android. You choose that yourself when exporting. Currently Android 5.1 is the lowest supported version.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That makes things way easier knowing that. Thank you for replying.

On to game #2!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)