Suddenly lost sound & video on Iphone (exemple attached)

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of ambient soundtracks to set the perfect atmosphere in your next ocean faring adventure game
  • Hello everyone,

I'm working on a nice professionnal project since a couple of week. Everything was going fine, it was playing a background video and music, it worked on iPhone. I actually have an old build with all these working.

But suddenly, after a couple of little updates unrelated to audio/video, these stopped working on the iPhone. With remote preview or on the server, they just don't play no more.

So I did a minimal project with just a webm video + webm sound to sort it out. They are triggered by a first tap button. Nothing happens on the iPhone.

Note : the sound demo projects included in C3 (audio FX, positionned audio) don't have sound anymore on my iPhone either. I don't know if they were they supposed to work before. I updated my iPhone (iPhone SE 2020, not old) but it's not better.

I don't understand at all.

If anyone is kind enough to check this minimal project, you can get it here :

drive.google.com/file/d/12P9qEjL7YfySE9He_8VNmylqrgin1x7I/view

and tell me if "audio effects" and "positionned audio" are supposed to work on iPhone. So maybe it's my iPhone even if there arent any reason for that ...

Thanks !

Even just to check if it's just my iphone or everyone.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well I did find a fix by adding a H.264 source to the video object, with a mp4 video.

And the iphone plays that one.

And now the sound is back.

Very strange. Maybe the webm video has a wrong codec and it make the whole sound fail.

So I can move on and the problem is fixed for my project.

Still something disturbing : any other C3 project still run without sound on Iphone (those from the C3 website)

Example : I make a new project, audio object, tap object, import a mp3 converted into webm. Play the audio on tap : no sound on iPhone. No errors in console.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)