Strange lines in C3 sprites

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Strange factory themed set of tiles for your platformer game
  • FYI Construct automatically adds a 1px transparent border around all sprites on a spritesheet. The crop tool by default adds another 1px transparent border. The problem originates in mipmaps used for downscaling. Adding a bit more extra transparent border does not properly solve the problem, it just means it only occurs at slightly smaller downscaling sizes than before. The best way to fix it is to use high quality downscaling mode, which automatically adds the correct padding to ensure the maximum possible downscaling with no quality loss.

• FYI Construct automatically adds a 1px transparent border around all sprites on a spritesheet. The crop tool by default adds another 1px transparent border.

Can we have a optional tick feature for that extra 1px added by cropping by default? in my own projects i always have to adjust/reimport the size eliminate the extra transparent space cause of it(not a big problem, but it's getting annoying especially when u got like a 60 frame animation and the crop messes up each frame by a random of 0.25px 0.5px from its origin point), everytime i click crop. I never had a issue not having the extra space, i only used the crop to eliminate transparent space so i can better center things inside the image container, and adding an extra round 1px for me caused animation displacements as the center point won't be the same anymore for all the sprites that originally had the same center point like a Sphere object or a Rectangle shape it always messes up the origin by .5 and not the same repositioning .5 difference some would have .5 some would have 1.5 so i always go back to photoshop make sure im pixel perfect on export than reimport the images in construct without using Crop cause of this, this seems to be the same autocorrect introduced in Construct 2 also, and i was thinking is a glitch, the old way with NO EXTRA 1px was better.

Sorry for hijacking the main post to address this.

• Hold control and click crop and it doesn't add a 1px border.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • GeorgeZaharia If I'm understanding you correctly: the origin point should not be moving when you crop, that sounds like a bug, you should report that if it's not working right!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)