Strange bullet behavior when colliding with moving objects

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Strange factory themed set of tiles for your platformer game
  • Hello! I got the free version of construct 3 and I'm building my first game, a kind of air hockey with gravity and moving obstacles. Everything works very well so far, but there is a problem:

When the ball collides with or gets near the obstacles flying through the picture, it sometimes makes strange moves. For example, if the ball stays in the air or if it lands on one of the moving obstacles (narrow rectangles) and then rolls off of it, it will remain in the air for a moment. Or the ball begins to sag through the object before the edge of the obstacle.

The ball has a bullet behavior, the collision mask is on circle.

On immobile walls, the ball also shows a natural collision behavior. Only when moving obstacles come into play do these abnormalities arise.

CPU and GPU are at about 10%. That can not be the problem.

Where could the error be? Can someone help me?

• Hello! I got the free version of construct 3 and I'm building my first game, a kind of air hockey with gravity and moving obstacles. Everything works very well so far, but there is a problem:

When the ball collides with or gets near the obstacles flying through the picture, it sometimes makes strange moves. For example, if the ball stays in the air or if it lands on one of the moving obstacles (narrow rectangles) and then rolls off of it, it will remain in the air for a moment. Or the ball begins to sag through the object before the edge of the obstacle.

The ball has a bullet behavior, the collision mask is on circle.

On immobile walls, the ball also shows a natural collision behavior. Only when moving obstacles come into play do these abnormalities arise.

CPU and GPU are at about 10%. That can not be the problem.

Where could the error be? Can someone help me?

can you share the project file?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here is the link to my game:

it seems that as a new user in the forum I can not publish links, so I divided it (hope it works):

dropbox.com

/s/0bhzk041ukdqon7/bankball.c3p?dl=0

The problem is in level 2. Most obvious when you fire the ball at 13 or 14 o'clock and then it stays on one of the moving obstacles and rolls down. Incidentally, the controller runs on the touchpad, as it is designed as a mobile game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)