Stadia and HTML5 games

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hi there!

While the Stadia sure is a controversial new service by Google i was wondering, if there would be any potential as a new platform for Construct games and if yes, how would they look like / what would it need? Basically any executable would run on their service but since it runs through the Chrome browser, could this also mean you could run HTML5 games directly?

Would C3 need any adjustments for us to create Stadia games? Or for similiar services? What's Scirra's take on these new developments?

Happy to hear your thoughts ^^

• since it runs through the Chrome browser, could this also mean you could run HTML5 games directly?

Well, you can already run HTML5 games directly in the browser!

I don't think Stadia support makes much sense for HTML5 games - it seems best suited for running heavyweight games like Assassin's Creed that typically require a beefy gaming PC on a lightweight device like a Chromebook. Construct games generally can already run well on lightweight devices. So there doesn't seem to be any technical benefit to it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Technically, no, of course but from a business perspective it might make sense for developers if we wish to publish there but i think it probably doesn't make any difference since all you would need is just an executable that they upload but i guess they have a lot of features that we could make use of like the instant drop in multiplayer and stuff like this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)